January 30, 2013

Sweet and sour chicken Tanya's way

Sweet & sour chicken in slow cooker Tanya's way


Serving 2 (its usually enough for my husband and I and our 2 kids)
For this recipe I use the two chicken legs and 2 wings. (When I cut my chicken I usually leave a little more meat for the wings). You can use any parts of the chicken you like with these sauce ingredients.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken legs and 2 wings. (You can use 6 drumsticks or 8 wings)

Sauce:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
1 small squeesed fresh lemon
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Mrs Dash original
2 tsp chicken vegeta
2 tsp McCormick montreal chicken

You can add any vegetables you like. I usually add carrots, onions, quartered mushroom, green peas. You can also add celery, broccoli, potato or any other vegetables you have. I like to fry my veggies first before placing them in slow cooker.

Directions:

Mix all the sauce ingredients, coat your chicken and place it in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment